Parivrtta Utkatasana is one of the most important asana in yoga with lots of health benefits. It is also known as The Revolved chair Pose or The Twisted Chair Pose. The name Parivrtta Utkatasana actually comes from Sanskrit words, it is a combination of three words, where Parivrtta means Revolved, Utkata means frightening, intense, furious, wild or heavy and Asana mean Pose, Parivrtta Utkatasana is one of the best yoga posture for detoxifying your body and making strength.
Parivrtta Utkatasana has lots of health benefits; among that some of the health benefits of Parivrtta Utkatasana include Prevents Acidity, Indigestion and Constipation, Cures Back Pain, Strengthens the Abdominal Organs, Improve the Function of Reproductive Organs, Improve the Function of Digestive Systems, Increasing Blood Circulation Around the Body, Strengthens the Back, Hip and Thigh Muscles.
Before we go to do this asana, we should know for whom this Parivrtta Utkatasana is not recommended. Those who are suffering from severe back injury, hip injury, ankle injury and knee injury, recently any surgery on your back or waist, spinal column ailments on the lower vertebrae they should not do this asana. Those who are suffering from high or low blood pressure, they should not do this asana without any supervision. Those who are suffering from severe headache they should avoid this asana. Those suffering from any form of hernia should avoid this practice.
How to do Parivrtta Utkatasana (The Revolved Chair Pose or The Twisted Chair Pose):
- To start this asana get onto the yoga mat and stand straight on the yoga mat.
- Now breathe in and raise your arms over your head, alongside your ear.
- Now, as you breathe out, shift your body weight onto the heels and slowly bend your knees.
- Now, bring your hands before your chest in Namaskar posture.
- Turn from your shoulders to the right side without moving your hips or knees.
- Try to place your left elbow on your right knee and twist your chest towards the right direction.
- Press your both hands into one another for stability.
- Now look down, on the off probability that one among your knees is ahead of the opposite, pull that relating leg another time into your hip attachment. Keep in mind that, your knees got to be merely over your lower legs (ankles).
- Breathe in deeply, and look up.
- Breathe out to draw your shoulder bones together and additional down your back.
- Try to remain in this position as much as you can.
- For beginners, try to be in this position for 3 to 4 breaths.
- To release from this position, breathe in and slowly get on to the starting position. Now keep your both the hands alongside your body, keep your leg straight and take a deep breath and relax.
- Now you can again do this asana on opposite side. You should do minimum 10 repetitions of this asana for better result.
- Initially, when you start this yoga asana, you feel some pain in your legs, hip, thigh, and arms, but as you practice more you can do this asana more easily.
- Lift your arms up, gently folding them at your elbows. Use your hands to bring your foot towards your head.
Health Benefits of Parivrtta Utkatasana (The Revolved Chair Pose or The Twisted Chair Pose):
Parivrtta Utkatasana Stretches muscles in the Ankle, Knees, Thigh and Hips:
Different studies have been proven that the practice of Parivrtta Utkatasana, can stretch your Ankle, Knees, Thigh and Hips, that improves the elasticity of this muscle and also helps to increase the blood flow in this area, which mean muscles will get more amount of oxygen and nutrition that helps them to strengthen and grow, so the regular practice of this Parivrtta Utkatasana helps to prevent injury in Ankle, Knees, Thigh and Hips.
Parivrtta Utkatasana Improve the Function of Digestive Systems:
One of the best health benefits of Parivrtta Utkatasana is, it helps in improving the digestion. Different studies have been proven that Regular practice of Parivrtta Utkatasana can create a lot of pressure on stomach and inner intestine, due to this our body create stress hormone, which helps to promote the function of the digestive system that improve the proper bowel movement and it also promote the production of digestive juice and enzymes that helps in digesting of food and helps to prevent constipation. So those who are poor digestion they can practice this asana on a regular basis for better results.
Parivrtta Utkatasana Improves Cardiovascular Health:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Parivrtta Utkatasana can improve the cardiovascular health and also help to prevent various types of cardiovascular diseases, such as heart attack, heart stroke, high cholesterol, etc., because when we are doing this asana it helps to open the chest muscles that helps improve the blood circulation, thus reduce the strain from the blood vessels and also prevent the formation of fat and cholesterol in our body, this is the main cause of various types of cardiovascular diseases.
Parivrtta Utkatasana Enhance Sexual Performance:
Practicing of Parivrtta Utkatasana on a regular basis can enhance sexual performance because while doing this yoga asana, it squeezes our sexual organ, which helps in the production of stress hormones in that area that helps to stimulate our sexual organ and it also improve the blood flow to the sexual organ will help to increase the function of sexual performance. Beside this regular practice of this asana also helps to improve the strength of the hips, calf and thigh muscles, and all these body parts are very useful for optimal sexual performance. Yoga guru suggested that to keep our sexual health, healthy, we should practice Parivrtta Utkatasana on a regular basis.
Parivrtta Utkatasana Stretches muscles in the Chest, Shoulder and Spine:
Different studies have been proven that the practice of Parivrtta Utkatasana, can stretch your Chest, Neck, Spine and Hips, that improves the flexibility of this muscle and also helps to increase the blood flow in this area, which mean muscles will get more amount of oxygen and nutrition that helps to strengthen chest, shoulder and spine, so the regular practice of this Parivrtta Utkatasana helps to prevent injury in Chest, Shoulder and Spine.
Parivrtta Utkatasana Reduces Belly Fat:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Parivrtta Utkatasana is very helpful for our abdominal muscles and it also helps to reduce the fat from the belly region because while doing this asana it create lots of pressure on our abdominal muscles that helps to reduce the extra fat from the belly.
Parivrtta Utkatasana Improves Kidneys and Liver Function:
Regular practice of Parivrtta Utkatasana is very beneficial for in improving the function of livers and kidney, because while doing this asana, it creates lots of pressure in the kidneys and livers that help to produce of stress hormones, which stimulate our kidneys and liver for better functioning.
Deep Forward Fold
Revolved Triangle Pose